In 1973, Helen Welsh, moved to Tayside from her native Aberdeenshire home, where she lived on a family farm, to start her career in illustration. She worked as an illustrator for Dundee based publisher DC Thomson until 2010, when she became a professional full-time artist.
Welsh currently lives and works from rural Coupar Angus, surrounded by the breathtaking Perthshire landscape. Her work is a celebration of the Scottish countryside life and daily customs. She captures the light and movement of everyday elements, capturing the beauty from otherwise mundane, unperceived details, bringing them to life through acrylics and mixed media on linen and silk.
Her works have been displayed in several galleries since 1987 and in 2016 her paintings were exhibited at The Meffan Museum in Forfar.
- New arrival'Pair of blackbirds' by Helen Welsh
- New arrival'Long tailed tits' by Helen Welsh
- New arrival'Pheasant' by Helen Welsh
- New arrival'swallows' by Helen Welsh
- New arrival'Grey Lag Geese' by Helen Welsh
- New arrival'Grey Heron' by Helen Welsh
- Sold'Lapwing (female)' by Helen Welsh
- New arrival'Kingfisher' by Helen Welsh
- New arrival'Pied Wagtail' by Helen Welsh
- New arrival'Wren in dead leaves' by Helen Welsh
- New arrival'Wren on coloured background' by Helen Welsh
- Sold'Carrion Crow on Post' by Helen Welsh