We always welcome new artists submissions. We consider artists in all stages of their careers, from recent graduates to professionals.
In order to apply, send an email to our selection committee at
firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Full name
• Artist profile
• Previous exhibition and awards
• Stage of your career
• Information of any other gallery representation
• Relevant links if any (website, etc)
• How did you hear about the gallery and why do you want to work with Alpha Art
• Pricing of your work
• 4 to 6 images of samples of your current work
We receive a large volume of artist applications on a weekly basis. Unfortunately we cannot reply to everyone and for this reason you will hear from us only if your application is succesfull.
We look for artists who are committed to their work, their career and the gallery.
If you don't hear from us, don't feel discouraged, it is often the case that the work is not suitable for our gallery but might be of interest to others.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Pay: Dependent on experience
Closing Date: 08.08.2021
At Alpha Art Gallery we are looking for a new part-time member staff to become a vital part of our team and contribute to the growing success of the gallery. We are looking for one person to work flexibly 2 days per week and provide additional cover during busy periods. This is a varied and diverse role in a dynamic and flexible working environment. We are looking for someone to assist in all aspects of running the gallery. If you are self-motivated, forward-thinking, organised and love being involved in the Arts, we would like to hear from you. Salary dependent on experience.
Gallery Assistant duties include:
- Handling of artworks
- Assistance hanging exhibitions
- Sourcing and preparing funding applications
- Writing documentation, articles and content for the website, social media, exhibitions and gallery in general
- Updating artist and sales files
- Answering the phone and general enquiries
- Manning the gallery front desk
- Updating client and artwork records on the database
- Updating the website and third party selling platforms
- Preparing invoices and certificates
- Drafting posts for social media and scheduling post
- Support at Art Fairs where appropriate
- Assisting with private views and other events
- Providing general administrative support
- Preparing artists profiles and artworks documentation
- Assisting with mail outs and marketing in general
- General filling and upkeep of archives, inventories and databases
- Maintaining the gallery clean and tidy
- Sourcing quotes for post-sale shipments and releasing artworks
- Assisting with exhibition and art fair shipping
- Reporting to the gallery Director and other members of the team
- Degree in Fine Art, Art History, Curatorial Studies or any related subject
- IT literate and knowledge of Mac operating system
- Excellent organisational skills: ability to prioritise, plan workload effectively
- Fast-learner and adaptable
- High attention to detail
- Open-minded, personable and friendly
- Confident and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both written and in person
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Articulate about ‘Art’ and familiar with current art trends
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience writing successful funding applications
- Experience in writing for the Arts
- Experience running successful marketing and social media campaigns
- Experience with Photography and Graphic Design
About Alpha Art Gallery
Alpha Art is an independent contemporary gallery established in 2006, based in Stockbridge, Edinburgh. The gallery represents a wide variety of emerging and established artists based in the UK and abroad. The gallery manages an ambitious programme of exhibitions and events throughout the year, taking part in several festivals and contemporary art fairs. We believe art should be accessible to everyone in the community and ensure to provide a knowledgeable and welcoming environment at all times.
How to Apply
To apply please send the following three documents by the 8th of August 2021 to email@example.com with the email subject: Gallery Assistant Application
- Cover Letter
- Written Review of an art exhibition, artist or artwork of your choice (500 words max)
Interviews will be carried out at the end of August 2021 for immediate start. For any enquiries about the role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01312263066.
The gallery and its members are affiliated to a number of local and national organizations including Creative Scotland, Creative United, Arts and Business Scotland and the Society of Scottish Artists, among others.
We have supported and worked with many charities including the Bethany Christian Trust, that provides support to the homeless, and the Royal Blind Charity, that provides supports to the visually impaired.
We also work with a number of private collectors and sponsors in other to support the creative community in Scotland and the UK.
If you are interested in supporting the gallery or working with us, do not hesitate to get in touch. We are always happy to hear about new ideas to collaborate.
Collect and Invest in Art
At Alpha Art Gallery we believe art should be accessible to the community. The gallery is a member of the Own Art scheme, a Creative United initiative supported by Arts Council England, Creative Scotland and Arts Council of Northern Ireland.
Own Art makes buying art easy and affordable by letting you spread the cost of your purchase over 10 interest free monthly instalments. You can use it to pay anything from £100 up to a maximum of £2,500 for the purchase of art. If the artwork you want to acquire is over the £2,500 limit, you can pay a deposit for the difference.
It takes 10 minutes to set up at the gallery and there isn’t a limit on the amount of times you can use the scheme. The application can also be made remotely, please contact the gallery for more information.
Private and Corporate Events
With a large collection of high quality artworks by a variety of artists always on display at the gallery, the space is the perfect venue for hosting special events.
We have previously hosted various events, from wine tasting to corporate cocktails.
We will do our best to accomodate your specific requirements.
If you are interested in hosting an event, please contact the gallery on
Alpha Art Gallery has been involved in succesful collaborations with interior designers, charities, festivals and other professional bodies and creatives.
We are always open to discuss further collaboration opportunities with the private and public sector.
If you have a project in mind we would like to hear from you, email us more details to